Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sewing Guild retreat and some patterns that fit!

I went to the fall retreat for my Sewing Guild, determined to create some patterns I could use for garments for me. I have a shelf full of lovely fabrics, but needed help with fitting and I got it from my sewing sisters. I left with 3 skirts, 2 tops, a vest I made from a jacket pattern, and a sheath dress that fits. Wahoo! Thanks are due to Carolyn from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic, and Debbie, from Stitches and Seams, for posting their trials and errors and their successes and inspiring me to get back to making my own clothes.

 Straight skirt from beautiful piece of donated plaid fabric, McCalls 2120

 6 gore skirt McCalls 4937 with knit top Simplicity 4076. Top could be a little less snug. I need to hem the skirt a little shorter, just below my knee.
 Magic Pencil Skirt by Pamela's Patterns, will be a fast and easy one for travel especially. Knit top Simplicity 2148. Collar band is floppy and I'm not sure I love the cut-on sleeve.
 Vest made of donated home dec fabric, test for jacket pattern Butterick 4818, needs button or a frog closure was suggested by my sewing sisters. Fit is much nicer than showing in this picture! And it looks like a nice brocade, and not like a sofa, which was a nice surprise.

 
Test muslin of dress pattern Butterick 5147, needs sleeves and hemming at a better length.

1 comment:

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely new clothing, I love making clothing for myself, it always fits better than the bought clothing!