Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baptism Dress







This is my 3rd baptism outfit, for my newest grandchild, a girl. Her middle name is the same as my Mother's ... Alice. I used gifted fabric from a friend for the gown and a handkerchief from my Mother. The lace on the collar and the applique on the slip are from Great Grandmother's hankies. The pattern was McCalls 3063 and the hat and booties are Martha Pullen's Bonnets and Bootees machine embroidery designs. The dress won grand champion at the Alaska State Fair.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, so pretty!

Dawn said...

Also congratulations on your State Fair win. I always say I'll enter but then never have time during that part of the year. It's when school starts and I'm super busy.

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Unknown said...

That dress is gorgeous! I love Martha Pullen. I used to save patterns from Sew Beautiful, but then it looked like I would never have a grand daughter to sew for so I tossed them all out. Guess what? Grand daughter number two due in May!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Beautiful! You're so talented!

~Kim

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Beautiful! I love that you used a handkerchief from your mom. How special!